Author Topic: Bel  (Read 4266 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Bel
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:39:26 AM »
Dear Members, Yet another sad note for Christmas I have been advised that our old friend Beryl  ( Bel ) has passed away on 13th. Sept 2009 after a Three month battle with Lung Cancer, Bel always sounded so Cheerful land full of life, now She is with Keith. Hope they have plenty of Sarsaparilla up there. . ,Bye Bel, God bless    dickie X X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Re: Bel
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
What a sad sad piece of news to start the new year - RIP Bel. I agree that she seemed such a positive person, and certainly made this forum a livelier place for her contributions. I am sure her family and friends will be missing her terribly, especially over Christmas.

Thanks for letting us know, Dickie.

Mike

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
I was just looking up Bel's last posts - she stopped posting around March last year, I imagine when her health battle was becoming harder. I did find this post from Christmas Eve 2008 so thought we should quote it again here, as a fitting tribute to her kind and caring character.

"A Happy Christmas to all my dear friends, and may the new year bring you good health and happiness.  Bel" 24 Dec 2008

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
Thanks for that Mike, Bel also had to care for her elder Sister " Big Sis" as she referred to her. Bel was also a Nurse in Lewisham Hospital for a while and mentioned one "Charlie Horrabin" from the end of Moorside. If you are a Viewer Charlie just step out into the limelight chum    .....dickie.        Oh yes Happy Birthday Bren I did have one in your direction so Happy New Year also.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:25:56 PM by Dickie eagle »
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:22:08 AM »
Oh dear, I was just thinking a couple of days ago that we hadn't heard from Bel for a long time. That is, indeed, very sad.  It's another link in the Downham chain broken, isn't it?

I wish I'd known she was ill, if only to say 'keeping you in thoughts and heart' sort of thing.  But of course, it's a personal thing and some people prefer not to let on what they are going through.

Dickie dear, thanks for the birthday wishes. Glad you raised one for me 'cos I didn't raise one for myself!  I suspect because I hadn't quite recovered from an over-indulgence in champagne on Christmas evening.

Happy 2010 to you all.

Bren