Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 2911 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Merry Christmas!
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »
I have just seen the terrible weather in the UK on the Daily Mail website.  There seems to be snow just about everywhere.  I guess the children will be happy, but I don't know so much for the 'older' members.  Personally I am just happy to be here with the temperature a pleasant 34deg.  Although I know some other parts of this vast country are experiencing dreadful hot coniditons, no doubt our turn will come.

So I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy, healthy New Year!  Please take care, don't drink and drive and keep warm!

Pauline

PS - Be careful what you wish for - you may just get it!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:16:11 AM »
Pauline and all you Downham Gang.  Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I am so very gratefull that I have friends like you from dear old Downham to keep in touch with. Best wishes and stay safe.  smiffy.
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »
A Very Merry Christmas to all of you. It is -4 Degrees outside we had about 8 inches of Snow so i could not get out of my Village today, I will try again later as we are to have more on Monday and most of next week. I wish this Global Warming would hurry up!!!
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »

Pauline

PS - Be careful what you wish for - you may just get it!
[/quote]
    REALLY PAULINE !   Best offer I've had yet, Have a wonderful Yuletide with lots of happy moments, and that goes for all my Downham friends...  and Bren Darling did you get my card yet ?     dickie...............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »
Merry Christmas and a great new year, the news on TV tonight, recons you might get a white Christmas,in the UK, well we have a forecast of 36 deg for the big day, salads cold meats and air-condition are on the cards.   Stay safe!
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 04:24:14 AM »
Dickie dear, I have just this minute winged off an email to you re: the card and the lovely photograph.  Again, many thanks.

To all my Downhamonline friends: I wish you all a happy Xmas and New Year. May 2010 be good to you all.  Keep safe, keep happy, keep healthy, keep in touch.

Bren

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »
I got to the Estate Yesterday and i must admit Downham does look pretty in the snow, wish i took my camera.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.