Author Topic: Downham Schools  (Read 9763 times)

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Downham Schools
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
I went to Downderry school.

My teachers name was mrs legg class of 72.

Me and my Friend Raymond Matthews became the dinner boys.

Which was a lot of fun,Missing an hour of lessons before and after lunch.

We got payed for doing this as well as havin seconds.

I remember we would have our milk (the bottles did look a lot bigger then)

Brush our teeth in the afternoon before going back to class,Ho the good old days,I have children myself now
and everything as changed.

Still its the world we now live in..........Me i am greatful that i attended school when i did,never the best in the class but always enjoyed going to school.

Playing rounders in the play ground (boys and Girls) wonderful
Bringing in my football sticker book and trading cards with other collectors.
Penny up the wall was another way of making a bob or two.
Playing conkers and marbles was a good past time.

Times that i can look back on and say with a warm heart that i would not change them for anything.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
You have reminded me of being chosen to wash up in the staff-room for a period.  With a bit of luck, one could make the chore last quite a time and you might even find a bit of leftover cake.  Mind you, it used to stink of smoke in there.

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 05:31:57 AM »
You have reminded me of being chosen to wash up in the staff-room for a period.  With a bit of luck, one could make the chore last quite a time and you might even find a bit of leftover cake.  Mind you, it used to stink of smoke in there.

Bren

Bren - do you remember the 'flat' in Churchdown school where we learnt home economics, and how to iron a sheet properly?  Who irons sheets?  But if I have a table cloth I still iron it the way we were shown by Mrs Ellis (?).
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »
You have reminded me of being chosen to wash up in the staff-room for a period.  With a bit of luck, one could make the chore last quite a time and you might even find a bit of leftover cake.  Mind you, it used to stink of smoke in there.

Bren

Bren - do you remember the 'flat' in Churchdown school where we learnt home economics, and how to iron a sheet properly?  Who irons sheets?  But if I have a table cloth I still iron it the way we were shown by Mrs Ellis (?).
Wonderful,Your storys put a smile on my face,something from the rag trade (tv show) lol
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:36:04 AM by Anthony »