Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 2809 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Swine Flu
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »
We have been hit with the dreaded virus.  My daughter and son-on-law had it about a month ago, and it pretty much knocked them out.  Then Pete got it and he was just immobilised for the first week, and this week he is beginning to come good.  Still pretty bad though.  I got it last weekend, but not so bad, and was able to function all week, but I think it has hit me today because I feel rotten.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  My son has labelled us "The Plague House", and they have all been told to stay away.  We have deferred Fathers Day for a week just to make sure.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Re: Swine Flu
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »
Oh dear - hoping for a quick recovery! A few colleagues have had it - no fun.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 01:13:21 AM »
Hope every one gets better soon Pauline, we have the flu here in Canada, but we must be lucky as we have managed so far to miss it. Although they tell us it may come back in the fall, and the kids are just starting back to school. Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »
You have my sympathy. Swine flu or any flu is a rotten thing to have.  I gather the anti-viral medications didn't knock it on the head then?

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 05:38:09 AM »
You have my sympathy. Swine flu or any flu is a rotten thing to have.  I gather the anti-viral medications didn't knock it on the head then?

Bren

My Doctor decided that because we were relatively healthy and no lung problems we should 'ride it out'.  It's been a while, and we still don't feel the best.  But I intend to return to work tomorrow, if they send me packing that's OK.  Pete is still not too good, although he went back to work on Monday, we still cough at night, so we are still in seperate bedrooms, no sense in waking each other up. I would feel better if spring would appear, it has rained and stormed for the past week none stop.  Today is sunny, 18deg, but still windy.  Lots of damage has been done to properties, luckily the only problem we had was that the 'chinaman' blew off the bot belly chimney.  So at stome time Pete will have to go up and fix that, but not this week.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 06:55:19 AM »
Again, you all have my sympathy and I do hope you start to feel better soon. 

Terribly, terribly windy down here too.  A scary day yesterday but no more trees down as yet.  Also warm.  It's around 25oC at the moment and that's just about my upper limit.  How will I survive summer?  The first stumpy-tail made an appearance today so those other rotters will be waking up soon.  We've been mowing madly and now are whacked out.

Bren