Author Topic: Estate Boundarys  (Read 7528 times)

christine

• View Profile
Re: Estate Boundarys
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
Only prefabs I can remember are the estate where my Aunt and Uncle lived after WW2 when he returned from serving in the Royal Navy - believe they were in Sedgehill, Catford - right next door to the Comprehensive School which I believe was called Sedgehill Comp. - anyone know if they are still in existence? My Aunt and Uncle died in the late seventies and we always thought it was probably due to the material the prefabs were made of - ? asbestos or am I wrong - anyone know?

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Estate Boundarys
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:46:58 AM »
Only prefabs I can remember are the estate where my Aunt and Uncle lived after WW2 when he returned from serving in the Royal Navy - believe they were in Sedgehill, Catford - right next door to the Comprehensive School which I believe was called Sedgehill Comp. - anyone know if they are still in existence? My Aunt and Uncle died in the late seventies and we always thought it was probably due to the material the prefabs were made of - ? asbestos or am I wrong - anyone know?
Sedgehill rd is off of southend lane, and a comprehensive school was built, it was still there in the early 70's.bellinghambound.groupsite.com is a site you should go to to find more on the prefabs, I cannot remmember them when I started at Catford in 1963. Yes prefabs where made of asbestos, which has proved to be a killer. Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.