Author Topic: There's no place like home?  (Read 2790 times)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
There's no place like home?
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:02:39 AM »
I am the biggest stick-in-the-mud ever. I have no interest in going on holiday anywhere, much preferring to stay at home where I am busy, busy, busy. Don't like sitting on beaches, don't like travelling - particularly by car.  Have no interest in being in hotels, motels or caravans or staying in other people's homes. 

Bren

Oh  Brenda   Your not an old stick in the mud, your like me, there's no place like home.  Smiffy 

That quote was taken from another forum.   So here we are living in different places & country's, on a web site going through memory's of the place where we where born and  first lived. Downham is home, no! where you live is now home.  I know, home is where the heart is.   A perplexed Smiffy :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:05:03 AM by JSmith »
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: There's no place like home?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »
I am the biggest stick-in-the-mud ever. I have no interest in going on holiday anywhere, much preferring to stay at home where I am busy, busy, busy. Don't like sitting on beaches, don't like travelling - particularly by car.  Have no interest in being in hotels, motels or caravans or staying in other people's homes. 

Bren

Oh  Brenda   Your not an old stick in the mud, your like me, there's no place like home.  Smiffy 

That quote was taken from another forum.   So here we are living in different places & country's, on a web site going through memory's of the place where we where born and  first lived. Downham is home, no! where you live is now home.  I know, home is where the heart is.   A perplexed Smiffy :)

For me it's definately where the heart is.  My children and grandthings are here, all the grandthings were born in the same hospital - the first in 1992 the last in 2005.
I don't suppose I shall go back to England on a visit again, the last one in 2006 was just terrible, I got really upset, it certainly wasn't 'home' anymore.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: There's no place like home?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Quote Pauline:For me it's definitely where the heart is.  My children and grandthings are here, all the grandthings were born in the same hospital - the first in 1992 the last in 2005.
I don't suppose I shall go back to England on a visit again, the last one in 2006 was just terrible, I got really upset, it certainly wasn't 'home' anymore.

Yes certainly home is where the heart is,and that is  the present family, they must come first over all.  What intrigues me is the passion in side of ourselves for the "old days" back in Downham, memory's that are in the heart also, especially like us with fond memory's of when we lived there, I guess it's another place in our hearts that we keep separate because that is where we where born and grew up there. Infinitely a small place there,which will never go away.  So we think of those times in the past,"as the good old days". And enjoy resurrecting them.  Smiffy :)

Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.