Author Topic: Grove park.  (Read 2896 times)

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
Grove park.
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
Regarding the rubbish comments made by various people.During my last visit to the Uk ,I was very sadly aware of discarded rubbish in the suburbs.Oddly enough I thought central London  was reasonably free of same,especially around the tourist area,s.As to discarded drink cans, in" South Australia" there is legislation that allows empty drink cans to be returned to depots set up by the state government, for 10c per can or bottle.This is extremely successful and goes a long way to keeping the streets clean,also providing many organisations the means to make money ,for sports trips ect.I believe SA is the only state in Australia where this legislation exists.It becomes quickly obvious on an interstate visit,to see cans lying around.I suspect lobbying by the major drinks manufacturers prevents other states applying this very successful policy. Derek Durrant. South Australia.PS.You can imagine in this climate how many cans of various drinks are consumed.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Grove park.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »
Sounds like a very good idea, Derek.  Unfortunately, the litter-pigs will always exist though, won't they?  Our nearest town, Ararat, is pretty clean on the whole but as I said previously, even down here there must be people tossing their cans out of car windows.  I'll never understand it.

Bren

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »
i think it is the times we live in Brenda,some people just have no civic pride irrespective of where they live. Derek.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:55:11 AM »
Sad really, isn't it?

Bren