Author Topic: How to put Photo`s on this site  (Read 6079 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
How to put Photo`s on this site
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
I have taken a lot of photo`s of your Downham over the last few weeks but cant seem to get them on the site. It`s probably me. I see a few of you have already put photo`s on please explain. Thanks JOHN.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to put Photo`s on this site
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:45 AM »
Hi Splinter.I would appreciate if you could include ''73 Goudhurst'' on your list of photos.Have read your comments with interest.Derek Durrant.Adelaide South Australia.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:43 AM »
Hello Derek I will take a photo next time i go there wich should be next week. I am still waiting to find how to get them on site. If not i will take them to Mike the site admin to put on.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
Hello Derek I will take a photo next time i go there wich should be next week. I am still waiting to find how to get them on site. If not i will take them to Mike the site admin to put on.
If you email them to him he will put them up for you!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:26:30 AM »
I think i know Mikes address" Been doing some detective work!!". That way the reproduction will be better for you to make copies of.

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »
Hi Splinter.I would appreciate if you could include ''73 Goudhurst'' on your list of photos.Have read your comments with interest.Derek Durrant.Adelaide South Australia.
Derrick, if you go to Google Street View you can zoom right in to No 73 Goudhurst Road. There's someone standing there with the front door open. The house looks very smart with a very well trimmed hedge at the front.
Vic.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
Always happy to add photos that are emailed.
To load them directly to the gallery, once you have registered and received a confirmation email that your account is active, you click the @ sign in the menu, Login, and then you have to create an album before you can upload pictures.
Hope that makes sense!
Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:50:01 AM »
Vic,thanks for your comments on ''google view''.I never seem to have much luck on that site only managing to get a rather hazy picture,from about 75m up.I probably need to  refine my technique.Thank you all for your help. Derek D.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
Derrick, if you are 75m up you are on Goole earth 3D not Street view. There pics were from about 10ft above ground

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »
Derrick,
At risk of teaching you to suck eggs, when you select Google Map place 'Goudhurst Road, Downham, Bromley, Kent', in the search box and you will get the Downham area wth Goudhurst road marked. Click on the little yellow man in the top left corner and drag him down so that the dotted circle near his feet is in Goudhurst Road. You can change the direction he is looking in by clicking on the compass rose, also in the left corner. To move along the road click on the white arrow head on the continuous white line running up the road and you will move along it. It's possible to zoom right in. I managed to pick up the number '73' beside the door. To start to move along the arrow again you must zoom back out again until the white line reappears. I hope that helps you!
Splinter: I found St Lawrence's Church and Meeting Hall in Bromley Road on Google. It certainly looks a lot posher than the old red bricked St Lawrence's where the buses use to turn out of Sangley Road.
Vic.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »
Glad you found it i think the old church was falling down and the council gave them a good deal. All that bit of land near the new church got sold off even the cricket club and its grounds. Well i`m told thats progress(who`s progress i`m not sure). I remember an old hall there because my Mum went to Civil Defence there.

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
Further to my earlier. You must select Google Maps and not Google Earth to get Street View. Vic.
Derrick,
At risk of teaching you to suck eggs, when you select Google Map place 'Goudhurst Road, Downham, Bromley, Kent', in the search box and you will get the Downham area wth Goudhurst road marked. Click on the little yellow man in the top left corner and drag him down so that the dotted circle near his feet is in Goudhurst Road. You can change the direction he is looking in by clicking on the compass rose, also in the left corner. To move along the road click on the white arrow head on the continuous white line running up the road and you will move along it. It's possible to zoom right in. I managed to pick up the number '73' beside the door. To start to move along the arrow again you must zoom back out again until the white line reappears. I hope that helps you!
Splinter: I found St Lawrence's Church and Meeting Hall in Bromley Road on Google. It certainly looks a lot posher than the old red bricked St Lawrence's where the buses use to turn out of Sangley Road.
Vic.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 05:00:47 AM »
Hi Vic,tried what you said and' Äll is revealed, as it says in the Koran". Thanks mate.