Author Topic: First Post Ooo...  (Read 6228 times)

Anonymous

First Post Ooo...
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:31:32 PM »
Hello everyone have no idea why i here but i live in Downham so thought might as well have go at this forum, lived here most, pratically all my life and everyday just worse then the last but hey *poop* happens!?  :D

MadMattBS

2nd Ooo...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »
Whoops forgot to login should work this time! What average age here? I left 6thForm recently but i guessing most people here gunna be old! No offence!

Anonymous

Re: 2nd Ooo...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 10:18:58 PM »
Quote from: MadMattBS
Whoops forgot to login should work this time! What average age here? I left 6thForm recently but i guessing most people here gunna be old! No offence!

Hallo MadMatt, it's good to see a present-day Downhamite on the forum.  And I see the old Downham humour hasn't changed in the younger generation!  Have you caught up with our profiles yet?
I'm Bren from Oz.  I was brought up on Downham - a smashing place to be when I was young.  I lived in Durham Hill on the block where the houses had to be replaced.  In which street do you live?
So, you guess most people here are going to be old do you?  You might be right but I suppose it depends on what you call old.  I'm nearly 60 so to you I imagine that is ancient.  However, if you stick with us, I think you'll find us alright for a bunch of old codgers. We've still got a lot of life in us yet, a good sense of humour and I am sure I speak for us all when I say that we're still young inside.  It's good to have a bit of contact with the younger generation. I look forward to your further contributions.
Bye for now
Bren

Anonymous

First Post Ooo...
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 12:30:59 AM »
Welcome.   would be very interested in your views of Downham as you see it. Has it got better over the years, and what part do you live in? Nice to have a bit of young blood on this onlinediscussion and I wish you well.....Bel

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome to youth
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 10:26:25 PM »
]Welcome.   would be very interested in your views of Downham  Nice to have a bit of young blood on this online discussion and I wish you well.....Bel[/quote]        Welcome Mathew . Yes,most of us are long on years,the one thing in common is Downham,and whatever it is now we all played a part in shaping it and adding our values to those we met, and through this Forum those we are still meeting Bel is 59 getting on 19, and the expats as you can read, are all youthfull in outlook,with a wealth of experiences. Enjoy and get the best of it Dick Eagle...........
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

MadMattBS

First Post Ooo...
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 08:59:47 PM »
Well i not gunna give out much details on here i aint no fool!

But i live the area near Burnt Ash School was my primary school as well, so you wanna know my views do you? Well Downham has really gone downhill and that aint spose to be a pun or funny! It sucks, i hate it and life is hard!

It used to be a nice place but now it very cold place, lost its spirit and i not even gunna point the blame at any group because thats all anyone ever does nowadays is point the finger! Just hold my own and try help out when i can, because there are good days!

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
First Post Ooo...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 11:13:44 AM »

HI Mat,
Don't give up on Downham mate, I lived there in the 1930-40's played in the bombed buildings during world war two, and had a great childhood, life is what you make it, and with todays technoligy, and with you on a computer, make the most of it while your young enough to enjoy it.
All the best from Keith ( K9 )
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Anonymous

First Post Ooo...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 04:30:32 PM »
Oh Keith, what wise words

Anonymous

First Post Ooo...
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 09:28:51 AM »
Well i not gunna give out much details on here i aint no fool!

Well Downham has really gone downhill and that aint spose to be a pun or funny! It sucks, i hate it and life is hard!

It used to be a nice place but now it very cold place, lost its spirit

Well MadMatt, I'm sorry to hear that life is not as good for you as it was for me on Downham (1948-1970ish).  It certainly makes me sad to hear that Downham has lost its spirit.  Sounds as if you have got plenty though and are doing your bit to live as well as you can.  Why don't you tell us more, I'm really interested to hear about the life of a young person there today.
And why can't you tell us what street you live in?  Can you tell us how long you've lived on Downham and where else you have lived.  C'mon, please the oldies!
Best wishes
Brenda

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Mathews problems
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 12:05:01 PM »
Well i not gunna give out much details on here i aint no foolBut i live the area near Burnt Ash School was my primary school as well, so you wanna know my views do you? Well Downham has really gone downhill and that aint spose to be a pun or funny! It sucks, i hate it and life is hard!It used to be a nice place but now it very cold place, lost its spirit and i not even gunna point the blame at any group because thats all anyone ever does nowadays is point the finger! Just hold my own and try help out when i can, because there are good days!
                 Matt. you seem frustrated,you can't fight it but don't want to tolerate conditions. Sad, I get the same attitude from one of my grandsons. Life is sheer hell if you don't have a mobile phone, you can't watch football every night,,can't phone and order a pizza when you want ,can't have a car on your 17th. birthday ! ! . Shame. On my Birthday I got an aeroplane (but wasn't allowed to keep it ! ). Join a club Matt make some good friends and start to enjoy life cos you only get one . P.S. David Bowie went to Burnt Ash too, he aint complaining .  Dickie Eagle........
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)