Author Topic: New members  (Read 2816 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
New members
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »
I have told a few ex-Downhamites of this site but they have had trouble registering. Do all requests go to Mike? Hav`nt heared from him for a while!!! Can anybody help.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Re: New members
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:27 AM »
Hi Splinter
It is great to have you on the forum - thank you for all the posts! I never have enough time to post regularly, but do read the posts every day or two, so it is always fun when someone new joins and brings new perspectives and information.
I have approved all the recent registrations - as with all forums, the spammers and "webbots" are always trying to register too, so sorting out the wheat from the chaff is always a challenge, but I hope that your friends have not been thrown out with the bathwater, if you'll forgive me for a mixed metaphor...
Mike

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New members
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »
Thank you Mike i will tell them. My old neighbour is Bill Starling so if you see his name come up you will know who he is. I have also taken photo`s of the estate got some more to do but not sure how to put them on site could you email directions to do this please. At jef55@hotmail.co.uk i went on to the photo site to register could not remember my password i used for this site hope i used correct one if not GIVE ME A CLUE. Thanks John.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.