Author Topic: Being a site NEWBIE  (Read 23662 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Being a site NEWBIE
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »
re the Levis bikes' I had one bought from Greatrex at New Cross Motors, I think they were something to do with Bluey Wilkinson the New Cross Speedway rider who unfortunately was Killed .I did ask Tony Allen if it was a Brand he recognised. However it was obviously designed for a chair the gear lever was on the tank (Pull up and out for reverse!!!!!!)then knock it in with your knee into bottom / 1st,, it had three gears.When you opened up it went Airborne        dickie..............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 10:08:36 AM »
My Son in law Had a Honda Fire blade Knowing i had riden Bikes in the past told me to have a go on it "God it was Quick Frightened the Living Daylights out of me". So i`m sticking to my car.Or get a 125cc if unlimited they are nearly as fast as my old 500Matchless.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »
he did warble a bit,and rhere was another, I think his name was Bing something who used to imitate me !, bur Micks mum ltved in Jerningham Rise, opposite Laurie Grove Baths ,all within the area of the Marquise of Granby and the Oddfellows which is much ih the news these days         dickie..............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)