Author Topic: Heatwave  (Read 17749 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Heatwave
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 06:27:50 AM »
Yes but 17oC in  March is like 100o in OZ Surly Dont you get fed up with the heat Its nice now and again. But when it comes so rarely here you can appreciate it. And Last Summer you had to for the FOUR DAYS of good weather we had.
There is no point in being fed up with the heat, its our way of life.  We do appreciate the cool days that we get now and again, we can go indoors if it gets too hot, everywhere has air conditioning.
How do you cope Brenda?  I guess you have to spend a lot of hot days outside, I don't know if I would like that.
Today is 26deg, sunny, not a cloud to be seen and a beautiful blue sky.  But the Fremantle Doctor came in quite early and later on it will turn chilly. 
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
I don't cope with the heat very well these days, Pauline.  My tolerance has decreased as I've got older.  Yesterday, the cool spell was broken with a 33oC but today - thank goodness - it's been cool and grey and drizzly.  I can just about cope with a maximum of 25oC.  Anything above that and I don't feel well at all and turn into a terrible grump.

Bren

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 11:49:33 PM »
I would really like to know what areas all the people on this site are from ie, Who`s in OZ, Canada and UK and does Mick Admin live on the estate. My little Grey cells are getting everybody mixed up Thanks from Splinter.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
John, I do not reside in Oz , NZ , US of A , Canada. I have a Home in Windsor which was not of my own choosing, happily there is a sort of Home for me in Amersfoort,NL. somehow the Dutch are easy going, most speak Engelse, and their "Oily bolls "Are fattening but superb.I have been around the world a few times but I would give preference to dear old "Dirty Dahnum" any day      dickie...............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
Right so ive got Dickie in Windsor (Traffic bad but view nice hangs out with the Queen . OK for some) How often do you get back to Downham or never???
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:07 AM »
I would really like to know what areas all the people on this site are from ie, Who`s in OZ, Canada and UK and does Mick Admin live on the estate. My little Grey cells are getting everybody mixed up Thanks from Splinter.

I'm in the outer suburbs of Perth, Western Australia.  Classified semi-rural, 7 acres.  About 2 acres is domesticated the rest is bush. Very peaceful and dark.  I sit outside with my telescope, and there is no light pollution at all.  The number of stars is mind blowing.  Not too much in the summer because the mozzies love me.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 05:10:50 AM »
Yes pauline I know what you mean about mozzies. I went to Cancoon Mexico last year (Son got Married there) and i think i came back with only half the blood i arrived with.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
Hi the name is Frank and I live not far from Pauline, (I lived in the same place for a few years) Happily Married, living in a coastal town South of Fremantle, called "Rockingham"  Western Australia after a ship that crashed against the jetty in the 1800's. Not far from the beach its not unlike a English seaside. apart from the great weather.
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
Hi Frank i see that you was born in Farnborough Hospital. Thats changed quite a bit, its now the Major Hospital in the Bromley area and its changed its name to "Princess Royal " or something like that. I am going to go on Google Earth to find you all.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
What a lively addition to our forum you are, Splinter. 

I was born in Crutchley Road, Catford then we moved to Durham Hill, Downham when I was 4 years old.

I now live on 36acres in rural Victoria, Australia where we run a small herd of cattle, a small flock of sheep, make a bit of hay etc. Have lots of visiting kangaroos etc. and - like Pauline - far too many venomous snakes.  Nearest neighbour is 2 1/2kms away and it is wonderfully peaceful and I love it. Yet, like Dickie, Downham will always be 'home'.  Never been back though.

Bren 

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
Hello Bren . Please tell me your local Town i love to go on google earth to see where you all are. Ive just viewed Rockingham. (Thats a fair old road out to the Island.). Its a shame that you hav`nt been back but i am sure we will try to keep you as up to date as possible.