Author Topic: It's Raining!  (Read 3101 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
It's Raining!
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:47:06 AM »
Today it is raining, and lots of it too.  Unfortunately, we had decided to go to Araluen Botanical Gardens, but thats OK, fine weather is predicted for tomorrow.  Our UK friends go back on Friday evening, they are not looking forward to that, it would appear to be very cold up there.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: It's Raining!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »
How absolutely wonderful, Pauline.  How I long to see some decent rain.  It's tinder-dry down here and we are all on edge again as the temperature is forecast to reach 39oC with fierce winds tomorrow. 

We have done our best to clean up the bark and leaves that have come off the gum trees but as you will know, it is a perpetual task and as soon as one trailerload is disposed of, another trailerload blows down.

Our last visitor has also left to return to London and the cold.  Mind you, we've had some cool mornings which is good and gets us off to a reasonable start for the big warmups later.  Roll on winter.  Oh, you've heard me say that before, haven't you?

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 02:07:36 AM »
Roll on winter.  Oh, you've heard me say that before, haven't you?
Brenda, We have a load of snow and freezing temps, can,t wait for spring. When the hot summer comes here I will be complaining of that as well. :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:53:52 AM »
It's blistering here at the mo' - a foretaste of what is to come tomorrow, I suppose.  Swap yer, Smiffy.

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:29 AM »
It's blistering here at the mo' - a foretaste of what is to come tomorrow, I suppose.  Swap yer, Smiffy.

Bren

We had a lovely day and night of torrential rain, yesterday it stopped but was still overcast and 20 deg, downright cold, but our UK friends weren't cold.  Today will be 31deg, but I think the worst of the heat has gone.
We have a bandicoot that comes to our kitchen window, and we put out all the potato and carrot peelings for him(?).  He seems to have taken a liking for whole grain bread.  But the water pots are being used.  When one of my saucepans or frypans (better still) become unuseable I put them out, and the reticulation keeps them filled for the wild life.  They have to be scrubbed now and then because they get mossy (the pots - not the woldlife). It's lovely to see the birds especially the disagreeable parrots bathing in them.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.