Author Topic: Where's Bel?  (Read 12038 times)

Bel

• View Profile
Re: Where's Bel?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »
talking to the "locals" the Time Team found many items of interest, and found "Tony" a very interesting person.  Talking about interesting people, I met Gloria Hunnerford in our local Morrisons a few weeks ago . We had quite a little chat about healthy eating, and I found her very easy to chat to.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 07:18:21 AM »
Oh gosh, what a dreadful experience for you Bel. Did you see any tunnels of light or anything?  I've known people who did experience strange things when they had a cardiac arrest or whatever and others who experienced nothing at all.

I still haven't watched the Sheppey Time Team program.  Lots of catching up to do.

Bel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »
no tunnels of light, but a feeling of complete peace when Idid finally come round.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 08:37:59 AM »
no tunnels of light, but a feeling of complete peace when Idid finally come round.

We have a friend who 'died' and was resuscitated, I quizzed him too (very tactful - not!) but he never saw anything either.  How boring.

I really enjoy that Time Team programme.  It is very entertaining and educational too.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »
talking to the "locals" the Time Team found many items of interest, and found "Tony" a very interesting person.  Talking about interesting people, I met Gloria Hunnerford in our local Morrisons a few weeks ago . We had quite a little chat about healthy eating, and I found her very easy to chat to.

I can't think of Glora Hunnerford without thinking of Terry Wogan - what was it he called her?  Grievous bodily or something like that!!

And their version of "I got you babe" during a telephone or something.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.

Bel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 06:13:41 PM »
I dont remember that Pauline, but  Terry Wogan I listen to every morning . Another lovely sunny day here but there is a shortage of bees (some disease ) so my runner beans are a complete disaster this year.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
I dont remember that Pauline, but  Terry Wogan I listen to every morning . Another lovely sunny day here but there is a shortage of bees (some disease ) so my runner beans are a complete disaster this year.

The apiarist of Australia have been talking of this for some time.  I believe the disease has also been rife in USA. By golly, we do need our bees, don't we?

Interesting to read of your feeling of peace when you came round from your experience, Bel.
It seems some people have good experiences and others don't have anything at all.

Who is Gloria Hunniford?

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 02:45:11 AM »

The apiarist of Australia have been talking of this for some time.  I believe the disease has also been rife in USA. By golly, we do need our bees, don't we?

Interesting to read of your feeling of peace when you came round from your experience, Bel.
It seems some people have good experiences and others don't have anything at all.

Who is Gloria Hunniford?

Have you seen the kids movie "The B Movie" ?  It shows what happens when bees go on strike.  Every form of plant life died. It was quite a fun movie too - some kids movies are good for us 'grown ups' too.

Gloria Hunniford was very popular in the 1980s.  She was a presenter. Didn't sing or dance or anything like that.  She would do a morning chat show a bit like Kerry-Anne.  But Terry Wogan always referred to her as "Grevious Bodily".  At for one Telefon fund thingy on the TV they got together dressed up as Sonny and Cher, and sang "I got you Babe" it was really funny.  I don't know what she is doing now, there must be a Wiki on her somewhere.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 03:42:45 AM »
It seems I'm out of the loop in just about everything.  No, haven't seen the B movie .  That sounds like the sort of thing that would have scared me when a child. But then, everything scared me!

Talking about bees: we have so much blossom out now and the bees are about so fingers crossed they don't get this awful viral thing.  I heard someone talking about how it destroys baby bees and I had a vision of them in their nests with nappies on.  Just goes to show what is happening to my brain.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
It seems I'm out of the loop in just about everything.  No, haven't seen the B movie .  That sounds like the sort of thing that would have scared me when a child. But then, everything scared me!

Talking about bees: we have so much blossom out now and the bees are about so fingers crossed they don't get this awful viral thing.  I heard someone talking about how it destroys baby bees and I had a vision of them in their nests with nappies on.  Just goes to show what is happening to my brain.

Now, now Brenda settle down.  It wasn't that scary - Seinfield was the lead Bee and it was rather funny too.
My apricot is in bud, fingers crossed, it had heaps of flowers last year, but nothing appeared, and you know the sad tale of my 3 peaches which got eaten from the inside.  I have just eaten the last of my naval oranges, so sweet and juicy.  Fed up with the rain now - looking forward to the warm weather (but then we will start moaning that its too hot).

I've just been looking at Google StreetView - my house isn't shown because I don't really live in a street, but some of my colleagues were finding it scary because you could look all round their houses.