Author Topic: Water  (Read 2306 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
Water
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
Water, water everywhere ...   I can hardly believe it is only a few weeks ago we were saving and recycling every drop.  This morning, it is pouring into the garden from the paddocks and out the other side.  The creek which runs through our property is flowing for the first time since I don't know when, and the levels in our dams have risen considerably. 

Keep safe, all you folk over there.  I remember what it was like working in London when the IRA were bombing. It 's scary but what else can you do but continue to live and work as always.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:36:45 AM »
Water, water everywhere ...   I can hardly believe it is only a few weeks ago we were saving and recycling every drop.  This morning, it is pouring into the garden from the paddocks and out the other side.  The creek which runs through our property is flowing for the first time since I don't know when, and the levels in our dams have risen considerably. 

Keep safe, all you folk over there.  I remember what it was like working in London when the IRA were bombing. It 's scary but what else can you do but continue to live and work as always.

It's so lucky Perth is on sand, otherwise I think we would be under water.

I hope you are all well, and stay safe too.  I get really angry at people to come to another country, and are welcomed in, and then treat the 'natives' like they do.  It is so difficult to know what to do, especially when some of these mislead boys were actually born and bred there.

Brenda - did you see that story on ACA last night where they left bags all over the place and no-one took any notice.  How scary is that?  I guess we would rather die than make a fool of ourselves.

Hope the northern summer brightens up - Pete is getting fed up with cricket repeats waiting for the rain to stop.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »
No Pauline, I didn't see that story about the bags.  As you say, it is scary. 

My mother-in-law, in London during one of the IRA bombing periods, went into a bank and put a parcel down on a shelf while she went to the teller.  Before she could blink, everything shut down, sirens were going and the police turned up.  Yes, someone had spotted the parcel and reported it.  She was horrified. She was such a law-abiding lady and always worried about what people would 'say'.  Of course, she laughed about it later.  A politician living at the end of her road died when a bomb was planted under his car.

I had no choice but to go out today and I've never been so scared driving up the road.  Much of it has washed away (and of course, the council graded it just a few days ago so it was already soft and skiddy) and I crawled along at 5kms reminding myself not to put the brakes on!  I've never been so pleased to get on to the tarmac.  Unfortunately, I got home after dark (another hairy drive) so I don't know what the state of our land is.