Author Topic: Picture from Brenda  (Read 22073 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Picture from Brenda
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2007, 03:18:28 AM »
I do remember my sister always kept huge tins of tomato jiuce in her fridge

Right Pauline I forgot the Skunks, cor blimey what a smell, if they got mad or run over they let off an aw full smell. The Tomato juice is kept especially for the dog if he or she got sprayed then they would have to have a bath in the juice to get rid of the smell.

She had a black cat with a white patch on his head -  he thought he was a skunk, and would try to 'strike up a friendship'  apparently the skunks weren't interested and let him know.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Picture from Brenda
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »
What was that programme on which Maurice Chevalier often appeared on early television? Was it "In Town Tonight"?  Does anyone remember it?  I have to say, when I had my 60th birthday, I found myself feeling quite liberated from worrying about things that do not matter e.g. hair turning white; freckles; being saggy,haggy and baggy etc.  Who was it said youth was wasted on the young?Bren
I don't object to Youth being wasted on the Young , it is only the things that you could do infinitely better in our salad days that I begrudge todays Juveniles    dickie.......................
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)