Author Topic: New Picture Gallery  (Read 7311 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
New Picture Gallery
« on: October 24, 2003, 02:34:56 PM »
I've set up a new picture gallery, which will allow you to upload pictures, view other people's pictures, add comments, etc etc. There are 2 categories - Downham Present and Downham Past, and to get the ball rolling, I've added some pictures in the Present gallery of the Merc garage in the process of demolition (see separate topic), the Shaftesbury Hall on Rangefield Road, and some trees in full Autumn glory.

To add pictures, you'll need to register - you can choose the same user ID and password as you use for this forum, but I'm not clever enough to work out how to auto-register everyone.

http://www.downhamonline.org.uk/gallery

Not yet linked from the front page - will be sorting that out this weekend

Cheers
Mike

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Memories of the past
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 01:12:56 PM »

Great Mike, I think this will be very popular, I for one will be loging in evry evening, to see what pictures I can get for my Biography from the old days there are still many that peaple have got that will be lost if not for this sort of web page and stories to go with them, I recently got a picture from Matlock of kids playing Conkers, a picture is worth a thousend words when you are trying to explain how it used to be, would like to see a picture of the hors chestnut opening to show where the conkers came from.
Would like to attach picture of conkers, will try.
All the best Keith, ( K9 )

My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
New Picture Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 01:42:35 PM »

Sorry about that , but couldn't attach picture, will try later .
all the best Keth ( K9 )
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: New Picture Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 10:06:49 PM »
Quote from: mike
I've set up a new picture gallery,
http://www.downhamonline.org.uk/gallery

Please help this techno-idiot.  All I'm getting is a blue-grey screen and it doesn't matter where I click, nothing happens.
Brenda

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Blue/grey
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 05:39:51 PM »
Hi Brenda - do you mean the whole screen is blank, or just the bit where the pictures should be?

Anonymous

Re: Blue/grey
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 10:19:26 PM »
Hi Brenda - do you mean the whole screen is blank, or just the bit where the pictures should be?

Hallo Mike,
I've made a bit of progress and have registered/logged on/clicked on "create/order" (as per Keith's advice) but nothing is happening.
Or does it take longer than I think it will and am giving up too quickly.  A step by step instruction for idiots like me might be useful
Brenda
PS Have I missed the "coffers" address?

Dickie Eagle

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 08:39:45 PM »
I've made a bit of progress and have registered/logged on/clicked on "create/order" (as per Keith's advice) but nothing is happening.
Or does it take longer than I think it will and am giving up too quickly.  A step by step instruction for idiots like me might be usefu,Brenda
    Mrs."E" please stop calling my friend names. Persevere or pass it to Keith  Dickie E.......

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 10:56:58 AM »

I've got as far as getting present day Downham up but nothing happens when I click on it.  I need help!
Brenda

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 02:49:09 PM »
Hi Brenda - please forgive a technical question or two, but what version of Internet Explorer are you using (Click Help About Internet Explorer to find out) and how do you connect to the Internet - is it dialup or broadband?

davidwcummins

• View Profile
    • Phoenix Community Housing
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
Hello Mike, can not get into my account on new picture gallery, it say Couldn't log in. Try again, but I have uploaded picture before?

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 01:00:52 AM »
Hi Mike, cannot get into uploading new pictures, seem to get into account and look at old photos, but when I try to sign in it tells me I don't exist re e-mail address and pass word, doing some thing wrong? good to see the site getting back to normal. Frank H. Ps Another thought am I maxed out on my down load of photos
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960