Author Topic: The Eagles  (Read 5407 times)

Lindylou2_2002

• View Profile
The Eagles
« on: August 10, 2006, 11:55:52 AM »
THought I would post this as a seperate thread. as lost on the downham shops thread.

Dad remembers the Eagles from Tristram Road he thinks that one of them used to be friends with his neighbours george and john Storey of 396 Downham way.
I was also wondering about the Eagles.
  I went to School with Sharon Eagle(born about 1972) she lived in Hazelbank with her PArents and brother Brian(born about 1975) and Sister Denise(born about 1970ish.

Is this any relation to Dickie?

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Eagles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:04:56 AM »
Quote from: Lindylou2_2002

Dad remembers the Eagles from Tristram Road he thinks that one of them used to be friends with his neighbours george and john Storey of 396 Downham way. I was also wondering about the Eagles.
  I went to School with Sharon Eagle(born about 1972) she lived in Hazelbank with her PArents and brother Brian(born about 1975) and Sister Denise(born about 1970ish. Is this any relation to Dickie?
    dickie
 yes, I did live in Tristram Rd. as the elder of four kids, my sister Louisa (aka Rene ). brother Joe. and a much younger brother Barry,born 1947. I left in 1946 officialy but had been away from home since 1942 on and off,   The Eagle familywere from Bermondsey, about eight boys and four girls.  my father and two brothers came to Downham, another to Bellingham, so we were surrounded by cousins most of whom have passed away but had families of their own. I once picked up an attractive girl at the "Bell" in Bromley and walking her home , during the conversation it transpired she was a cousin  also  so a pleasant evening culminated in us both going in where neither my uncle or aunt recognised me !until I used uncles christian name and the penny dropped.  At least I got a cup of tea and kissed  "J" goodnight . Now of course it would be quite legal if we wanted to marry  !           dickie.................
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:28:40 PM »
THought I would post this as a seperate thread. as lost on the downham shops thread.
Dad remembers the Eagles from Tristram Road he thinks that one of them used to be friends with his neighbours george and john Storey of 396 Downham way.  Not too sure where 396 is but think its on the same side near the Green,I think your Dad has the right porch,but the wrong door because I did have a great friend named Bobby Parsons who was also Merchant Navy and apres la guerre he settled in Oz and we lost touch, so all you guys dahn unda look in your directories for one Robert Parsons eh ? as hes is also an ex-Dahnamite.... please       dickie...............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Lindylou2_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »
Quote from: Dickie eagle
Dad remembers the Eagles from Tristram Road he thinks that one of them used to be friends with his neighbours george and john Storey of 396 Downham way.  Not too sure where 396 is but think its on the same side near the Green,I think your Dad has the right porch,but the wrong door because I did have a great friend named Bobby Parsons who was also Merchant Navy and apres la guerre he settled in Oz and we lost touch, so all you guys dahn unda look in your directories for one Robert Parsons eh ? as hes is also an ex-Dahnamite.... please       dickie...............

Dad lived at 394 Downham way and the storys lived next door to him. So that was 396 for sure as the numbers went up towards Grovepark. Their houses backed on to Lancelot primary school. So that section between Southover and Lancelot.

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
The Eagles.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:39:30 AM »
Dickie,glad to see you back on deck.Their are 9 R. Parsons listed in white pages" Adelaide",SA.Derek.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 03:05:28 AM »
Quote from: Dickie eagle

Hi Dickie we have 23 R Parson in the Perth Metro area.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.