Author Topic: Google Earth  (Read 2892 times)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Google Earth
« on: July 22, 2006, 03:52:36 AM »
I have just found google earth, (well golly gee smiffey catching up at last).
Just in case you have not heard of it, go to the google web page type in google earth, next page will be instructions to download, there are several of these. Eventually you will get a web page with a picture of the earth with an information board beside it, here you can check off street names & bounderies, at the top is the search bar, type in london uk and you will end up with a view of nelsons column, start going S.E. with the compass and you will find downham by heck its still there, my house the girls school,I used to look out of the front bedroom window watching the girls play net ball cor all those luvely legs, :D  I am sorry I got diverted, I am going to find where I live in Canada and I maybe able to show you, any one else care to try it I would be interested in a picture of where you now live.   8) Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:44:09 AM »
Quote from: JSmith
Just in case you have not heard of it, go to the google web page type in google earth, next page will be instructions to download, there are several of these. Eventually you will get a web page with a picture of the earth with an information board beside it, here you can check off street names & bounderies, at the top is the search bar, type in london uk and you will end up with a view of nelsons column, start going S.E. with the compass and you will find downham by heck its still there, my house the girls school,I used to look out of the front bedroom window watching the girls play net ball cor all those luvely legs, :D  I am sorry I got diverted, I am going to find where I live in Canada and I maybe able to show you, any one else care to try it I would be interested in a picture of where you now live.   8) Smiffy

Yes isn't google earth wonderful.  Alas the definition on the Downham picutres isn't too good, but you look in London, and you can almost see the number places and street names. When I was in London recently, I located my Uncles hospital, and the best way to walk there using google earth!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Google Earth
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:41:31 AM »
Quote from: JSmith

Catching up eh, Smiffy.  Bet you've used an ATM card though - I haven't!
Anyway, thanks for the info.  I've had a look and a nice 'walk' around Downham.  Wish my old house was still there in Durham Hill but alas ...

Bren