Author Topic: World cup Soccer  (Read 11041 times)

Bel

• View Profile
World cup Soccer
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »
:oops: Oh well, so England lost yet again.  Yes t he parking on the Downham Estate is really bad, as a lot of people have two cars, and some of them three.  The privets have disappeared and dropped curbs and front garden parking is very common,  Belx

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Socceroos
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
Quote from: JSmith
They played a bloody good game against the Italians, for all of 90 minuets then they lost to that penalty, very unlucky.   Smiffy

Love the Wordsworth poem.  I must look that one up

Bren

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: World cup Soccer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 10:54:45 PM »
[No Brenda we didn't have the time or the energy to get to Downham.  I last visited in 1994 and everything seemed so small!!!

Yes, I can imagine it did Pauline.  I think the car parking problem there was just beginning when I left.  I don't suppose the children can play in the streets anymore like we did, can they?  It was quite an event when a car  came down the road in our day.  As for the driving situation in London, well, I always did think it quicker to walk that catch a bus because of the congestion.  I used to walk regularly from Kennington to London Bridge and vice versa rather than wait for buses that didn't arrive.
Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
There always be an England
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 03:20:34 AM »
Yes it happend again this time rooney, lost his temper just like beckham a few years ago, we would have played France and easily beat them.  Glad you like the poem Brenda.   Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Bel

• View Profile
World cup Soccer
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »
I too love that poem, another one he wrote is Westminster Bridge, another favourite. Belx

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
waxing lyrical !
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »
Quote from: Bel
I too love that poem, another one he wrote is Westminster Bridge, another favourite. Belx
                 mmm !    I prefer Ogden Nash for his double entendre and tongue in cheek whimsey..    " Your feet so sweet , Your ankles neat  , your knees me dear ( I love them )   .Please do not think me indiscrete, my thoughts are far above them "      must be all this hot weather                     dickie..............X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)