Author Topic: Coffers  (Read 5300 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Coffers
« on: September 29, 2003, 11:41:45 AM »
Saw the posts offering assistance with the financing for the site - what a kind thought - thank you!

In terms of hosting the site, the costs are around 250 a year, and to date I've paid that from my own pocket, out of a (mainly altruistic!) wish to put something into the local community.

The main constraint on getting the site developed further is always time rather than money, and I do want to get all the content refreshed, fix the broken links, and get an up to date photo gallery, so if I were to have contributions from people, then I would probably use them to pay a young local guy, Chris, who is a freelance web-designer, and has worked with me on other sites, for a few hours work to freshen up the site.

So, here's what I'll do - I'll set up a page with a Paypal link for online donations, and an address for cheques, postal orders, green shield stamps, and then leave it to your kind discretion - thanks again for the kind thought.

Mike

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Coffers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 12:18:53 AM »
So, here's what I'll do - I'll set up a page with a Paypal link for online donations, and an address for cheques, postal orders, green shield stamps, and then leave it to your kind discretion - thanks again for the kind thought.

Mike[/quote]

Righty-ho Mike.  I hope a few Aussie dollars in an envelope (for you to change at the bank) will be alright.  I don't have credit card facilities and overseas money orders are ridiculously expensive.  Or if you - or anyone - can think of a better way to send money overseas, please let me know.  I'll await the details and then send a contribution - gladly.

Brenda

smiffy

• View Profile
    • Email
Coffers
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 09:41:03 PM »
:) Tell us when pay pal is set up Mike I'll send something to help. John :wink:

dickie Eagle

Contributions to a very worthy cause
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 09:43:27 AM »
Quote from: smiffy
:) Tell us when pay pal is set up Mike I'll send something to help. John :wink:
Right, count me in, where's the address Mike and can,t the expats use one member to co-ordinate within their own sphere so only one overseas draft is required ,just a thought Dickie E...........

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Coffers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 12:00:27 AM »
So, here's what I'll do - I'll set up a page with a Paypal
Mike[/quote]

Like everyone else, I'll be glad to put in my share Mike.  Just waiting for an address now
Brenda