Author Topic: Accident blackspot - 2 more deaths  (Read 3785 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Accident blackspot - 2 more deaths
« on: October 26, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »
A few months back, a friend of ours, Pat, was tragically killed crossing the road right outside her house, on the Zebra crossing on Bromley Road, by the Barnados shop/Coop.

2 more people were killed there recently - see the news story here:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewgreennews/display.var.644045.0.dad_killed_going_home_from_club.php

What a senseless and tragic accident. Not much more can be said, except to remind us all to slow down at zebras and pedestrian crossings, rather than speeding up as so many motorists seem to do these days...

Mike

Bren$

Re: Accident blackspot - 2 more deaths
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:46:06 PM »
Quote from: mike
A few months back, a friend of ours, Pat, was tragically killed crossing the road right outside her house, on the Zebra crossing on Bromley Road, by the Barnados shop/Coop.

2 more people were killed there recently - see the news story here:

Mike

Sorry to hear it Mike.  Actually, it's hard for me to imagine Downham with such high speed heavy traffic as it seems to be these days.  I don't suppose children can play in the streets any more, can they?
Bren

Anonymous

Re: Accident blackspot - 2 more deaths
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »
Quote from: mike
A few months back, a friend of ours, Pat, was tragically killed crossing the road right outside her house, on the Zebra crossing on Bromley Road, by the Barnados shop/Coop.2 more people were killed there recently - see the news story hereWhat a senseless and tragic accident. Not much more can be said, except to remind us all to slow down at zebras and pedestrian crossings, rather than speeding up as so many motorists seem to do these days...
Mike
[/quote]      Sad mike,but I'm one of the idiots who uses a navigator to warn me of speed cameras and after the ambulance services succesfully took the county to court after the speed humps damaged the ambulance suspension (apart from the effect on any patient inside !) they dispenced with the" sleeping policeman" across the road and put spaced pads in their place ( All you need to do is put spacers on your wheels !) the easy out would be using pedestrian bridges  or underpasses,  although the latter might attract the mugger fraternity. I did know some Ennis family living at the end of Southover, Joe Ennis, and the gorgeous Mary,his sister.    dickie...............................