Author Topic: interesting families  (Read 7961 times)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Change in the Weather
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 03:09:43 AM »
Hi Brenda       So your heading for the hot stuff are you? We where up in the 80's this Summer but I guess thats nothing to what you get,although it gets very humid over here (or up here).   The mosquitos are dying off, and Fall (Autumn) is on it's way. Do you know what? some of the big businesses around have started to advertise for Christmas, Blimey I say yet again Blimey they don't 'arf rush fing's don't they.   Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Bren4

Re: Change in the Weather
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »
Quote from: JSmith
Hi Brenda       So your heading for the hot stuff are you?

Hallo Smiffy,

Yes, it's ridiculously warm for the end of winter.  However, experience tells us this could change.  Spring can be quite cold here with severe frosts.  However, this warm period will most certainly bring out the long wigglies and it's eyes in the back of head time once again.  Last year, I put mothballs in containers around the perimeter of the garden. It obviously didn't deter two tiger snakes that found their way in. This year, I might try dissolving the mothballs in water and spreading it around that way.  Yep, you're right, my paranoia is kicking in.
Bren