Author Topic: Do you know any of these people  (Read 11424 times)

adcross

• View Profile
    • Email
Do you know any of these people
« on: August 05, 2005, 05:59:34 AM »
Trying to trace the following,

David Gaunt,Derek Lewington,Carol Phillips,Tony Jackson,Margaret Cannon,Shirley Coward,Ronnie Heeney,Marina Carter,Alan Fox,Jim Crawford,Tom Crawford,Brian Price,George(Tony)Wright,Sid Haywood,Charlie Pitman,Trevour White,Arthur Attridge,Charlie Attridge,Bobby Robgent, John Hodges, Eric McQuade.Pat McQuade

All from Downham, some are in New Zealand, some in Oz, and others in different parts of UK. If you know any of these names please contact me.

Regards Tony Cross ex Shroffold Road 1947-1960.

adcross@ozconnect.net
A.D.Cross

rosie

• View Profile
Re: Do you know any of these people
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Hello everyone from downham, this is Eric Mcquade and his Granddaughter, im alive and kicking, im 80 now and still fighting fit. Sadly Pat Roy and Alan and Brian have all sadly passed away and left me on my own. Olive and Ninks are still around, Olive still lives in Ballamore rd. We all lived next to Mrs vincent opposite Ballamore school.
Does anyone know of, Mr and Mrs holmes, Dickie Dyke, Tommy costello. I went to Durham hill when i was 14, I went straight into work as a bike repairer in grove park and we got bombed Mr Cook round the corner got killed, I then went to work as a local milk man from there i went on to professional boxing for england. I haven't got a cauliflower ears or a flat nose. 
                           I hope to find you all well
                                    Nice to catch up
                                              Eric Mcqaude 

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:56:49 AM »
Hallo Eric and Rosie, good to hear from you although I'm afraid none of the names you mention are familiar to me: I'm the next generation down.  Perhaps our Dickie will know some of those people you mention.

Are you still living on Downham?

Bren

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:04:17 AM »
HelloEric Mcquade,I remember you very well.Also many of your fights,I also remember a few names from the "Downham Community Boxing Club'at rear of the the " "Downham Tavern'.How about the Reardon twins ,Freddy boxed for "England" at the Olympics,Also Ronnie Savage,of course the Cooper twins of Bellingham.Also working at "Smithfield Market I worked with "Terry Allen a world champion and:Ronny Barton,also "Tommy Mcgovern,all well known of that  period.The estate produced some very good sportsmen at that time.I now live in" South Australia",but have many memories of that time.I wonder if you knew a mate of mine"Ronnie Thacker?.Good to hear you are still active Eric,and old Downham boy.Derek Durrant,ex "Goudhurst Rd.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »
Hallo Terry, are you related to Valerie Cunningham?  We shared primary, junior and secondary school and I have often wondered what became of her.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:00:42 AM »
Hallo Terry, are you related to Valerie Cunningham?  We shared primary, junior and secondary school and I have often wondered what became of her.

I remembr Valerie, she used to tell us tales of her time in Africa(?) during Housecraft.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:22:51 AM »

I remembr Valerie, she used to tell us tales of her time in Africa(?) during Housecraft.

Oh, is that where she used to disappear to?  There always seemed to be a mystery about her long absence from Pendragon, but I certainly never knew she'd been to Africa.

Pauline, if Valerie was in your Housecraft (Domestic Science) class at school, then you and I must have shared it too because Valerie and I were in that class together.  The plot thickens.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:16 AM »
Hi. No sorry no relation to Valerie. I was at Pendragon (Approx) 1945 to 47 and Durham Hill 47 to 51. As a result of that I'm still trying to get the hang of reading & writing. Terry.

Then we most certainly have met in passing, if nothing else, because I lived at No 40 Durham Hill from 1948-70.  Oh, looks to me as if Pendragon set you on the right  reading and writing path.

lensmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 03:35:55 PM »
HelloEric Mcquade,I remember you very well.Also many of your fights,I also remember a few names from the "Downham Community Boxing Club'at rear of the the " "Downham Tavern'.How about the Reardon twins ,Freddy boxed for "England" at the Olympics,Also Ronnie Savage,of course the Cooper twins of Bellingham.Also working at "Smithfield Market I worked with "Terry Allen a world champion and:Ronny Barton,also "Tommy Mcgovern,all well known of that  period.The estate produced some very good sportsmen at that time.I now live in" South Australia",but have many memories of that time.I wonder if you knew a mate of mine"Ronnie Thacker?.Good to hear you are still active Eric,and old Downham boy.Derek Durrant,ex "Goudhurst Rd.