Author Topic: old aquaintances  (Read 6513 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
old aquaintances
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:11:35 PM »
We had a discourse on families we knew, I am reliably informed that there is still a Ms Cakebread in the upper area of Geraint. I think her name is Phyllis . It is not a common name, so I may find Fred or Billy yet.can you gold coast people send us some reliable sunshine please cos we are having real "D-day" weather here, and in Amersfoort it is freezing.    dickie........................
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

maureen

• View Profile
Cakebread family
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »
I knew an Arthur Cakebread around 1963-65 time his best mate was Gerard Crawley.

I also remember a local "hard nut" called Clive Garthwaite and those handsome Desmond boys, Micky and Dennis.

TDCakebread

• View Profile
old aquaintances
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:43 PM »
My Auntie Phyllis passed away a few years ago. She lived in Geraint Rd with my Uncle Jim who passed away some years before. I still see my five cousins who lived there too.

My Uncle Tom lived round the corner in Baring Road with his Mother (My Gran). Uncle Tom died more recently (We miss him greatly)

Before that they lived in Chinbrook Road - through the war until the early 1980s when the houses were demolished. (The local council manged what Hitler failed to do !)

My Auntie Terry and Uncle Ron still live near by.

Tim (Cakebread)

maureen

• View Profile
old aquaintances
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:11:23 AM »
Hello Tim, I'm not sure where Arthur would have lived as I went out with him briefly and my friend went out with Gerard Crawley.  I think as she lived in Detling Road it probably would have been around the Grove Park/Catford area. You didn't mention an Arthur though Tim but it's such an unusual name isn't it and he would probably be 60 now as I am next year.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle, I too have recently lost a very dear uncle to me and I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of him as I have with mine.

Regards

Maureen